Friday, August 8, 2008

Summertime!

This summer has been verrrrrry nice so far ... maybe because I'm not working :) :) After I left my job, Shaun, Jack and I left Oscar for almost 2 weeks to go to Michigan to visit Shaun's family (my brother Jack took care of Oscar while we were gone). We had a lovely time - played a lot of Scrabble, visited with the Amish folk, ate A LOT of good food, and took some nice walks. It was very relaxing and I'm looking forward to next year's trip!
Here are some pictures from the trip:


Jack's cousin Jamelia with Shaun at one of the Great Lake's beach.

Me after climbing up a huge sand dune!

Jack and Shaun on a hike.

Some Amish children on a little cart with pony. So cute!!

We've been hanging out with Oscar a lot this summer. He has been very cute. This evening I brought him outside with me in the backyard so he could run around (on his leash of course) while Shaun and I played Scrabble. Poor little dear was so scared he jumped on my shoulder and perched there for most of the time. He's such a nervous creature. I think he was relieved to be back inside after that.

Here's a picture of Oscar the other night - lounging out while Shaun read Harry Potter to Jack:

Not so good news about Oscar getting a friend. Apparently, he has to be neutered first. I thought it would be OK if we adopted a girl rabbit who was already fixed ... but the lady at the adoption place said it wouldn't be very nice for her since Oscar would always be, well, on her. So, we have to get him in to have some surgery. I'm hesitant about it because rabbits are such nervous creatures ... and I'm scared of him having a heart attack or something if he has to have surgery. They would put him under, but still. Plus, the surgery is about $100 ... we will see.

One more thing - Shaun built and AWESOME picnic table last week! It's 8 feet long and way super cool. Here's a pic:

Ciao!

No comments: