Friday, December 12, 2008

Done with Finals!!

It's so weird being back in school - especially since this time around I'm taking completely different classes. I have a BA in Communication Studies already, and am now going for a BS in some type of Engineering (probably civil or structural). This quarter I took Calculus, Chemistry, Surveying, and an Intro Engineering class. I think I got all A's!! I am trying hard because I want scholarships (and I am kind of a perfectionist heh heh).

This fall was a bit rough. Shaun got sick like 5 times, then twisted his ankle (which sucks cause he's a runner). Then I got sick for a week and a half. Ugh. At least the bathroom is mostly done being remodled by Shaun the Super-Handyman - just need the light fixture up and the door to be framed and such. Here's a couple pics:



We did all the tiling ourselves (shower and floor), drywall, put in a new sink and toilet, and bought all the furnishings at IKEA. I love IKEA - they have such CUTE stuff for really good prices! I still need to re-finish the bathtub ... will probably do that sometime during my break (I don't start school again until January 5th).

I've got a bunch of projects to do over break ... one of them being make Oscar a new little cardboard playhouse .... his other one is sagging a bit. Good thing we have the Christmas tree up already for him to play under! He LOVES hiding under there and eating the branches. OMG, here is a picture of our tree when Shaun first put it up - it did NOT want to stay up straight!

We all went outside and took our picture in front of the big blue pine in our side yard - it's going on my Christmas cards this year. Oscar, of course, was included :)

And I thought this was a great picture (I took it while we were figuring out where to take the Christmas pic):

And, of course, here's a few pictures of Oscar taken recently ... eating flowers and begging for petting :)


Thank you Mala for tagging me and reminding me that I'm a slacker and need to update (I'm good about reading blogs, just not writing them)! I'm supposed to list 7 facts about myself, some random, some weird! I'm also supposed to tag people ... but I'm not sure actually how many people that read this actually HAVE blogs, so I'm not going to do that part :) Here they are:

1. Growing up, my family and I used to go on 2 week backpacking trips where we would eat nothing but cheese, salami, and Ack-Mak crackers every day, as well as hike about 10 miles a day.

2. I lived in Paris for a year and was a nanny to a family ... I miss the bread, cheese, and museums :(

3. I grew up on a pseudo-farm and have plucked a chicken before! Really gross!

4. I was in gymnastics in high school. Can't do ANY of that stuff anymore though! Heck no!!

5. I love to bake desserts - this past thanksgiving I made a Yule Log Cake with a Marscopone filling and a chocolate ganache icing. Also made a chocolate swirl New York cheesecake.

6. There always seems to be some sort of drama in my life (maybe it's because both my sisters live in town ....)

7. I love watching UFC (ultimate fighter) fights ... they are way cool :)

That's it! Thanks : ) Kate

No comments: